Stress is a factor in burnout, and you don’t want that to happen when building and maintaining a career. It can cause health and other problems that a freelancer just does not want to have to deal with.
Most stress can be avoided by simply being sure that you are taking needed time off and finding the time to relax. This can be done in a variety of ways, including:
- Journaling: Done each day, morning or night, journaling gives you a chance to get your thoughts on paper. It can also be therapeutic, allowing you to work through issues that arise in your life.
- Walking:A walk is a great way to alleviate stress. It gives your mind a chance, first, to work through the problem. Walking then allows your mind to take a break from the situation, affording you time to think about other things. Walking also helps you to enjoy some physical activity.
- Workout: Another great stress reliever that also provides you with needed exercise opportunities. This activity allows you to clear your mind by concentrating on something else for a while.
- Music: Listening to music will also take your mind off stressful things, particularly if you sing along.
- Read: Loosing yourself in a story allows your mind freedom from stress as well. It may also give you creative ideas that will help your own writing career along.
- Leave: Without the need to even leave your home, you can block out the rest of the world. Leave it all behind and go where your brain tells you to go. Sit back and relax. Watching old movies helps me with this. Done outside, you are able to watch others – or nature – to take your mind away from your troubles.
- Garden: Another avenue to explore that will provide you with physical activity and the ability to tune unwanted things out. This one may also provide you with healthy food at a fraction of what it will cost you in the grocery store.
- Paint/Draw: Thinking about another task helps you to clear your mind. Artistic ways of doing this are always productive and may be relaxing.
- Scrapbook: Another artistic venue, scrapbooking will help you to put your mind to use somewhere other than on business.
- Photography: Getting out in nature is good for you. Photography gives you another creative outlet to work with.
In what ways do you relieve or prevent stress?
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017