Christmas is just around the corner. I know, it is hard to believe – but true! If you haven’t begun writing for this holiday yet, you will want to start now. The ideas here will aid you in getting started, then try come up with some of your own stuff.
- Write about a western about a family on the prairie, having a hard time with something important at this time of year.
- Write a story about children who meet the real Santa Clause while out for a walk in the woods on Christmas Eva day.
- Write a short story about your favorite Christmas tradition.
- Write a novella about a young family who happens across a homeless elderly person the day before Christmas Eve.
- Write a novelette about a town that does not believe in Santa.
- Write a series of articles about Christmas traditions within your own family.
- Write a how-to article on a Christmas craft.
- Post your favorite Christmas recipes on your blog.
- Write an article about Christmas gifts for teachers.
- Create a to-do list of Christmas tasks that should be completed and post them on your site or blog.
- Write a couplet about two families finding each other at Christmas.
- Write a Haiku about love at Christmas.
- Write a name poem using the word C H R I S T M A S.
- Create a rhyming poem Christmas love.
- Make a shape poem. Use the shape of a bell.
Combining Photography with Writing
- Make a step-by-step slide show of how to make a Christmas meal in a slow cooker.
- Go for a winter walk, photographing individual Christmas decorations from a unique position. Blog about your walk, describing what each picture is about, and what you felt when taking it.
- Write a photography essay about Christmas.
- Take pictures of your Christmas ornament making process, and write an article using those photos and describing what is happening in each.
- Create a slide show about stringing popcorn and cranberries to make garlands.
Go ahead and expand on these ideas!
You may also enjoy
Christmas Writing Prompts from 2013
What are you writing or photographing for Christmas? Let us know in the comments below, or email me at email@example.com.
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017