Yule is not far off. If you haven’t done so already, you may want to center some of your writing around this important sabbat. The ideas here will aid you in getting started, then try to branch out and see what else you can think up.
- Write about a romance between two witches, taking place around Yule.
- Write a story about children who meet Old Man Winter or Father Time in the forest.
- Write a short story centered around a Wiccan Yule tradition.
- Write a novella about a Christian man who happens upon a Pagan single mom and her three children after his car breaks down a few days before Yule.
- Write a novelette about a town dedicated to Yule year round.
- Write an eBook about Yule traditions within your own family.
- Write a how-to article on a Yule craft.
- Post your favorite Yule recipes on your blog.
- Write an article about Yule.
- Create a to-do list of Yule tasks that should be completed and post them on your site or blog.
- Write a couplet about two people meeting at Yule.
- Write a Haiku about children and Yule.
- Write a name poem using the word Y U L E T I D E.
- Create a rhyming poem about Yule traditions.
- Make a shape poem. Use the shape of a Yule tree, which was traditionally hung upside down.
Combining Photography with Writing
- Make a step-by-step slide show of how to prepare your favorite Yule dish.
- Go for a winter walk, photographing trees and other things after a snow. Blog about your walk, describing what each picture is about, and what you felt when taking it.
- Write a photography essay with Yule as the topic.
- Take pictures of your Yule decorating process, and write an article using those photos and describing what is happening in each.
- Create a slide show about making a Yule decoration.
Go ahead and expand on these ideas!
You may also enjoy
Yule Writing Prompts from 2013
What are you writing or photographing for Yule? Let us know in the comments below, or email me at email@example.com.
Shannon L. Buck
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or stand? Or both? - April 30, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - April 28, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - April 14, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017