And we start a new year 🙂
I don’t know about you, but I am determined that my 2013 is going to be amazing! I know that I will be able to build my writing business, while learning new skills at the inn and living a productive life.
Each January 1, I sit down with my laptop and do a few things:
- Review my goals for the previous year.
- Think about my successes.
- Decide if there are any areas in my life that I need to improve.
- Set goals for the upcoming year.
I am sure that you do this as well, at some point during the end of December to mid January. It is an important step in furthering career goals.
My 2013 writing goals are as follows:
Perform 1 last edit on the first book of short stories. Even though I despise apostrophes!
Be prepared for the busy season at work by getting ahead on my freelance tasks while things are slow this winter.
Come up with a marketing/promotional plan for the first book of short stories.
Continue learning about marketing and promotion. I took a couple of short courses last year, grudgingly. I find the topic more interesting now. A step in the right direction!
Continue to work on my second book of short stories. 1) Write more stories, 2) edit at least a few stories, and 3) publish at least two of the short stories for others to read.
Continue to work on ideas for the third book of short stories.
Continue to build up my Examiner.com channels by adding more content and promoting each article. They are all geared toward helping others: Bangor Single Mom, Bangor Easy Meals, Bangor Frugal Living.
Continue to build the writing business.
What are your freelance goal for 2013?
Shannon L. Buck
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017