While I did quite a bit to meet my goals in 2013, I did not reach them all. Does this bother me? Not at all. I usually schedule too much for me to finish anyway.
I will just carry some things over to 2014. Hopefully I can get to everything, but I have learned not to beat myself up over not completing every little thing. This allows me to lead a much less stressed life, leaving me happier overall.
What are my writing goals for 2014? Well, they again include tasks for both fiction and non fiction writing. Fiction is actually my favorite form of writing. Not that I don’t love freelancing 🙂
My goals for the new year are as follows:
- Perform 1 last edit on the first book of short stories. I hate apostrophes!
- Come up with a marketing/promotional plan for the first book of short stories.
- Research self-publishing, because this is the route I will most likely take for my first book of short stories.
- Make a decision whether or not I will publish the book as it is, or split it up into serials. Serials seem to be doing well on Amazon.com. If I choose the Kindle route, this is a desirable method of publishing.
- Organize all my information for publishing/marketing/promoting this first book. I bought an organizer, and am trying to complete these steps in some sort of logical order. Plus, I can keep track of what works for the next book of short stories.
- Continue to work on my second, third and fourth books of short stories, as I come up with new stories.
- Continue to build up my Examiner.com channels by adding more content and
promoting each article. They are all geared toward helping others: Bangor Single Mom, Bangor Easy Meals, Bangor Frugal Living.
- Continue to update all blogs and add content to them regularly: Frugal Recipes , How to Live the Freelance Life, The Fitness Journal, and Living the Low-Income Life.
- Continue to build the writing business.
- Update my eBooks, eCourses and Special Reports here on the blog.
- Create a new challenge for this blog.
- Create a new product for this blog. Not exactly sure what yet.
Lofty goals, I know.
What are your goals for the new year? Let us know in the comments of this post, or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shannon L. Buck
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017