A freelance writing career is a rewarding one. It can also be much fun, depending on what you are writing. A successful career takes time to build, so you can slowly add new activities to it over time. Here are a few ideas to get you started. Implement them at a rate of once a week, once every two weeks, or once a month, depending on your time restraints.
Create a ‘Services’ page for your site or blog that explains what services you offer, as well as the prices and terms for each type of service.
Expand your writing expertise. If you generally write business letters, try creating brochures and fliers for those (or other) businesses.
Consider photography. This hobby will come in handy for freelance article writers, and will save you time. You will not have to search out and attribute so many photos.
Create a portfolio of your work, for keeping samples on hand in an organized manner. Bring this with you when meeting with perspective clients.
Try your hand at editing as a side business. Contact website owners with your rates per page, and explain that you can help them to make their sites look more professional.
These ideas are just the tip of the iceberg. Feel free to share your own ideas.
- What is the Freelance Life? (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Another Update to How to Live the Freelance Life (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- What do You Sell? (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- What is Important to You Career Wise? (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or stand? Or both? - April 30, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - April 28, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - April 14, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017