I don’t know about you, but if I work inside too much during the autumn months I find myself staring out the window at the pretty scenery, daydreaming rather than writing, far too often. Numerous times a day even. I feel like I just need to be out there, rather than locked up inside. I feel the need for freedom, and I get surprising little done.
Here are some ways to combat this issue, and still get plenty done:
- Read my post Take Your Business Outside this Fall. It will inspire you to change how you work this fall.
- Take a recorder or phone that you can talk into for keeping notes, and go for a walk. Walk as long as you like, taking in the scenery and enjoying the cooler air. Once your mind is clear, begin to think about your business. What ingenious ideas can you come up with? Record them on your device so you wont forget the plans you come up with.
- Head to a local coffee shop with an outdoor seating area. Bring along a notebook and pen. Takes notes and plan outlines for an upcoming story or a series of articles while enjoying a coffee or tea.
- Go to your local park bringing along your project journal and a pen. Take along a picnic lunch to enjoy while writing down everything you can think of.
- Take your camera with you on a trip to an orchard. Take pictures to use along with the fall themed articles you are writing.
With so many ways to enjoy fall while being productive, it will be easy to get outside at least once a week.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy autumn while getting things done? Comment here, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I respond to everyone.
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017