I don’t know about you, but if I work inside too much during the autumn months I find myself staring out the window at the pretty scenery, daydreaming rather than writing, far too often. Numerous times a day even. I feel like I just need to be out there, rather than locked up inside. I feel the need for freedom, and I get surprising little done.
Here are some ways to combat this issue, and still get plenty done:
- Read my post Take Your Business Outside this Fall. It will inspire you to change how you work this fall.
- Take a recorder or phone that you can talk into for keeping notes, and go for a walk. Walk as long as you like, taking in the scenery and enjoying the cooler air. Once your mind is clear, begin to think about your business. What ingenious ideas can you come up with? Record them on your device so you wont forget the plans you come up with.
- Head to a local coffee shop with an outdoor seating area. Bring along a notebook and pen. Takes notes and plan outlines for an upcoming story or a series of articles while enjoying a coffee or tea.
- Go to your local park bringing along your project journal and a pen. Take along a picnic lunch to enjoy while writing down everything you can think of.
- Take your camera with you on a trip to an orchard. Take pictures to use along with the fall themed articles you are writing.
With so many ways to enjoy fall while being productive, it will be easy to get outside at least once a week.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy autumn while getting things done? Comment here, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I respond to everyone.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017