There are a good number of ways to get the word out about your business, and only you can determine which are right for yours. The ideas listed here are simple ways to get you started. Be sure to sit down and come up with a workable plan for adding more.
- Add a link to your website in the signature of your email. If you are using Gmail, go to your settings and the signature box should be somewhere near the bottom of the page.
- Network with other freelancers in your area, maybe using a service such as meetup.com to locate them. Get together with them for social and/or business related gatherings. Get ideas from each other. Relax.
- Find freelancers online to network with. Like their Facebook pages, and their Twitter profiles, or maybe connect with their other profiles. Strike up an online conversation with each. Ask them a question about the business you really need an honest answer to. Like their status updates that aid you in bettering your business, and share them with others.
- Have business cards made up. You can either support a local printing business by purchasing through them (thereby networking, and possibly leaving a flier or business cards with them to hand out.), or by using vistaprint.com. The latter will save you money, but not provide you with desired networking opportunities.
- Word of mouth is great. Let everyone know what you are doing. Give them a few business cards (One for them, a couple to hand out.), asking them to hand them to people who they know could use your services. Offer a 10% discount for first-time clients.
What other ways might you get the word out about your business? What has worked for you? What hasn’t? Let us know in the comments, or feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shannon L. Buck
Careers for Freelancers: Are you interested in building a freelance business from home?
Are you interested in expanding upon the freelance business that you have already created?
Careers for Freelancers was written with
you in mind. Take a journey into the freelance career base with this
special report. Decide what careers interest you, buckle up, and enjoy
the ride. There are many opportunities out there for each and every one
of you. Which one(s) will you choose?
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017