I do not have one set schedule that I follow on a regular basis. My business activities are based on the weather, actually. This is because:
I do not drive.
I do not have internet at home right now.
I walk to Old Town to use wireless each day, weather permitting. Good exercise, let me tell you.
I actually have a pretty sweet schedule, right now… given these circumstances. A typical day goes something like this.
Get up and get ready for my day. NOT early : -) Caffeine. Cook for my six cats. Eat breakfast. Prepare a snack and possibly lunch.
Head out. Check the mail. Sit in the park for a snack. Take notes for the day, if necessary.
Head to the library. Copy and paste articles into templates and submit. Copy and paste blog posts into templates and schedule to post. Work ob blogs. Update resume. Do other business tasks that need internet access. Play a little Mafia Wars. Check Gmail.
Head to the park. Eat lunch – usually late. Journal by the river. Do a little offline work. Enjoy the scenery.
Head home. Run errands along the way.
Relax with an episode or two of whatever television series I am currently watching. Cook for the cats. Mini workout. Shower. Clean and cook dinner.
Write articles and blog posts, saving to my word processor.
Work on my own writing projects.
This schedule changes, of course. And I do not always get to work on my own projects because things come up. I sometimes have to do more than just a little research for an article. Blog deadlines come up. All is well, though.
I will rarely be going out to work with wireless on Sundays, but reserve that day to work on articles, blog posts and my own writing projects if I do not decide to do something else. I am planning for Saturdays to be work-at-home days where I can work on my own projects, then switch to article and blog writing during the evening hours.
I am interested in other freelance schedules. What tasks people perform, how often… how they fit everything onto the schedules while having some down time each day.
Shannon L. Buck
- Getting Started: The First Steps to Freelance Freedom (freelanceswitch.com)
- Four Ways to Beat Blogger’s Block (johnchow.com)
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017