My second year as a full-time freelance writer began last May, though I wasn’t doing a whole lot. At that point I was having some medical issues that were impeding my productivity. Over the winter, spring and summer of 2010, my blogging for each venue (Including How to Live the Freelance Life) came to a halt. I needed to concentrate on putting out articles with Demand Media Studios when I was able to actually work. I was in a great deal of pain, and not feeling well overall.
I had surgery in August, thank goodness. Then I had a few week recovery period. Since about mid September, I have been slowly getting each of my blogs up and running again, while trying not to overwhelm myself. I am also writing for Demand Media Studios, and submitting work to Y! Contributor Network (Associated Content) and Suite101 when I have the chance. My Living the Low-Income Life and Frugal Recipes blogs are coming along nicely, and I am writing the Frugal Food Column for Experts123. I have also recently begun adding content to the Mini Homestead… In a Trailer Park blog. I am very busy trying to make up for lost time.
Due to lack of funds while sick and healing from surgery, I had to give up the How to Live the Freelance Life website. I will be compiling the first years’ posts and other information into a PDF file as soon as is possible. This will be offered here. The first year ended May 2010. It will include all of the planned content that was not posted on the year 1 site as well.
The second year began May 2010 🙂 I will also be posting everything that was supposed to be published from the beginning of year 2 up to this point here on this blog, and continue with posts for the rest of year 2.
This will be quite the undertaking, and will take much time on my part. I will be working on everything in the evenings after my articles for pay have been written and my other blogs have been updated. I am extremely excited to begin this blog again, recording my progressing and offering tips for all of you to consider. The posts will be retroactive to the date that they should have been posted in the first place.
Have a wonderful freelance year.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017