I have been trying to keep up with all of the posting while moving, setting up a new office and getting settled into a new area. It has all been only a little stressful, and there have been some snags:
- Fae. My baby. The cat was fine the first day we moved here, then I didn’t see her again for a while. Six days went by and their was no sign of her. First I thought she must have gotten hurt and couldn’t tell me where she was. Then I thought she must have gotten out. She is an indoor cat, she is not fixed. Every day I looked for and called to her, to no avail. Tuesday my daughter comes home from being gone for a few weeks, and Fae comes running out to her all happy. Darn cat.
- Rowan, my male cat, is fixed. He is an indoor outdoor cat. Rowan spent 3 days living in a tree, because the neighbors dog chased him up there. The neighbor was real good about Rowan’ incessant yowling… Maybe because he felt bad. Two different people climbed that tree, but he was scared and kept going higher up. Yesterday, my nephew came home from his volunteer position at a summer camp for children. He climbed all the way up that tree, sat with Rowan until my cat was calm enough to handle, and carried him all the way down.
- Last week there was a very loud thunder storm. Lightning hit somewhere near, and we lost the phones which will now have to be replaced. My sisters laptop battery pack got fried. Only one outlet upstairs in the garage office works now, and it is NOT the one near my desk. Thankfully, the lights still work up there.
- The shift keys on my new laptop are not functioning. Tried to do a restore thing on it and added any updates that were necessary, but none of it helped. My brother-in-law tried what he could do. Chatted with tech support one day, and now it needs to be sent in for servicing. It will be about two weeks before I have it back. I spent yesterday backing up all of my writings.
All is well, though. I am getting to spend some time with my sister and nephews, and talking to a couple of people that I haven’t hung out with in years. These experiences give me something to write about, and I still have an office to go to.
My sister and my daughter are allowing me to use their laptops when they do not need them so, while work will be slower for a couple of weeks, most of it will get done.
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017