I know I recently published the Top 10 Posts of 2014, but I also wanted to do something a little different this year. I decided to go all the way back to the beginning to see what the most popular items for this blog have been since I started it. This is how I did that:
Dashboard — Under Site Stats on the right, click on View All — Under Top Posts and Pages on the right, click Summaries — Under Top Posts for 7 Days… click on All Time
There you will see a list of all of your posts and pages, from the most popular to the least. Take a look at the most popular items on the list.
What does they tell you?
This is my list:
- 20 Christmas Writing Prompts
- Goals for 2015
- Free Writing Prompts
- Free Tip Sheets
- But, I don’t Want to Write Today
- Free Worksheets
- 8 Writing Ideas for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
- Special Report: Careers for Freelancer’s
- Switching Gears
- 9 Simple Ways to Green Your Freelance Business: Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling Paper
What does this tell me? Readers are looking for ideas on what to write, whether fiction or nonfiction, and may be wondering in what field to start or looking for other venues to add to their existing career. They are also looking for tips on running their business in an eco-friendly way. And, people may need to have a little more downtime than they are currently taking.
If you haven’t already, take a look at your list. In a notebook, write down what has been the most popular. Brainstorm more ideas on those topics, and then write on them this year, at least to some extent. And don’t forget to introduce some new topics. Plan these out in your notebook as well.
Shannon L. Buck
- Moving On - January 4, 2018
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017