I tend to be outside a lot less during the winter. I don’t work outside right now because its too cold, and I start to feel a little stir crazy at this point each year. Do you feel this way? Like you can’t wait for nice weather so that you don’t have to be stuck inside all the time?
I know that, before long, I’ll be outside much more. Hiking, writing at the park or in The Gardens, taking pictures. Spending a weekend on the coast, shopping with the bestest. So many fun things to do when the warmer weather hits. But for now?
Now I’m just waiting. I have a nonfiction writing project I’m working on, and a series of short stories I’m writing. The nonfiction happens when I’m at work, believe it or not. I work at an inn, and this is our slow season. Our boss let’s us do many things, from knitting to studying, during our downtime. For me, it’s writing. I’ve done first edits on two manuscripts already, and written a few things on another.
Then, on my days off, I sit at Aroma Joe’s, sipping tea and working on the fiction series. I’ve already finished the first drafts of two novella’s, and am working on a third. And I have three previous short stories I’m editing.
I’ve been organizing things, planning projects, and more.
I’ve been busy, busy, busy. But I haven’t been having a whole lot of fun out in the community. The only walking I get in is on the days I work, when I have to meet the bus on campus, and my yoga routine takes place in my room.
I’m really feeling the need for a hike, with the camera. I hope the next nice day happens on a day off from work, so I can walk the bike path and take some picturesm before settling in to write.
I took my sister and nephew out to dinner a couple of weeks back, and the bestest and I are going to have lunch together at her place next week. I’m trying to find little ways to break up the work and writing stuff, and enjoy some time away from it all. Even if it’s only for an hour or two here and there.
And I’m going to spend an evening a week pampering myself and watching a movie. The happiness factor is important, and taking the time to do things for myself is how I accomplish it.
It’s so important to take time away from the desk. Do it.
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017