Why? Because I’m curious.
About what? Their official stance on writing nonfiction rather than fiction for the challenge.
You see, I’ve been toying with the idea of using the challenge to write a work of nonfiction, but in previous years I’ve seen where a few fiction writer’s have come down hard on nonfiction writers for even suggesting such a thing. Yikes!
But, I’ve been wondering why it’s such a big deal to some people and not others. Then I came across a thread in the forum called Am I a Rebel? Find Out Here. Of course, I started reading. Here’s what I learned:
Heather Dudley starts the thread with a post explaining what a rebel is. She’s quite thorough, and it is worth a read if you write nonfiction and want a challenge to kick your butt into gear.
In her post, she explains that the type of manuscript I want to write is covered under the rebel title so, in a year or two, I might do this. Especially if I need a kick in the pants to start a book. According to Heather, I can even validate the book if I want.
There you have it. There is such a thing as NaNoWriMo rebel, and you might be one if you choose to join the challenge. To find out more, read Heather’s post on the topic in the forum.
What are your thoughts on this topic?
- Doing Risky Things (livethefreelancelife.com)
- 20 Thanksgiving Writing and Photography Prompts (livethefreelancelife.com)
- Are You Meeting Your Goals? (livethefreelancelife.com)
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017