I think we all feel stuck sometimes. A lack of motivation. Why does this happen? Maybe because we need to slow down, smell the roses, enjoy that cup of tea while looking out the window. Maybe this happens because we aren’t giving ourselves enough of a break.
While taking your much-needed break, why not sit down with your calendar and schedule time off at regular intervals. For instance, take a few days to a week off for the all-important family holidays. Mark this on your calendar now. Doing so will give you something to look forward to. Then add at least one creative retreat that will help you to relax and plan for the things you want to do with your business.
Then, be sure you are taking a couple of days each week off for family time, running errands, and relaxing. Don’t push yourself too hard. Regular breaks are important.
Taking breaks from work allows us to focus on something else, giving our brains the opportunity to come up with even more wonderful ideas. Exactly what we want to happen at regular intervals in order to keep us on task and motivated.
Feel free to leave a comment about how you take breaks in order to let ideas flourish. What works for you? What doesn’t? Or, email me at email@example.com with any comments or questions. I answer all emails.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017