So was I.
Trying to learn all I could about each step in the publishing process was how I dealt with this worry. But, you know what? I still have stuff to learn. After publishing 8 ebooks this year, I’m still learning.
Why am I telling you this? So you’ll know that it is okay to learn along the way, rather than wasting as much time as I did trying to learn everything. Technology changes so frequently that, once the basics are learned, it is okay to jump right in. To not learn every single thing before you begin. Feel free to wing it.
So do it. Finish writing that book, setting up that blog, creating that ecourse, or whatever it is you’re afraid of messing up. And remember, it is okay to make mistakes.
Making mistakes is its’ own education. You get to figure out something real, not some perceived thing you may not need in the first place. If you’re publishing an ebook for the first time, go ahead and read that guide on how to do so, but then jump in and get your feet wet. If you want to start a blog, join a 30 day challenge for beginner bloggers and do the work. Don’t wait. Get started.
Go ahead and make mistakes. We all do. But make note of how you fix each so you’ll have the information if it happens again, and keep going.
And don’t forget to reward yourself when you meet an important goal, no matter how big or small the goal may be. This will help you to stay motivated.
What are you worried about messing up? Share with us in the comments so we can offer support and encouragement, or email me personally at email@example.com. I always respond, and love hearing from you.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017