While I do have a facebook page under my name, Shannon L. Buck, I recently created a page for How to Live the Freelance Life in an effort to separate the two and give my non-business followers a break from some of the article and blog posts. Please visit the new page and tell me what you think.
I used pagemodo to do this quickly. They helped me to set up my welcome page, and to feature my own photographs.
The page could not have been created at a better time in terms of ease of use with wordpress.com. Facebook notified me not long ago that our regular profiles would no longer accept postings automatically from WordPress. This means more work for me! I have quite a few blogs that had been posting directly to facebook each week.
The new business page for this blog still allows this automatic posting, thank goodness. I am planning to, at some point, add a new page for each blog.
My business page for this blog allows me to:
Have WordPress.com automatically post each entry.
Have photographs on my welcome page.
Post links to articles and sites, my own and others.
Separate writing related information from other information.
Provide a place for fans who wish NOT to receive updates about my personal life 😉
Do you have a Facebook page for your freelance business? Feel free to share the link in the comments for this post.
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017