While I do have a facebook page under my name, Shannon L. Buck, I recently created a page for How to Live the Freelance Life in an effort to separate the two and give my non-business followers a break from some of the article and blog posts. Please visit the new page and tell me what you think.
I used pagemodo to do this quickly. They helped me to set up my welcome page, and to feature my own photographs.
The page could not have been created at a better time in terms of ease of use with wordpress.com. Facebook notified me not long ago that our regular profiles would no longer accept postings automatically from WordPress. This means more work for me! I have quite a few blogs that had been posting directly to facebook each week.
The new business page for this blog still allows this automatic posting, thank goodness. I am planning to, at some point, add a new page for each blog.
My business page for this blog allows me to:
Have WordPress.com automatically post each entry.
Have photographs on my welcome page.
Post links to articles and sites, my own and others.
Separate writing related information from other information.
Provide a place for fans who wish NOT to receive updates about my personal life 😉
Do you have a Facebook page for your freelance business? Feel free to share the link in the comments for this post.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017