Are you on StumbleUpon? I have been for quite some time. As an article writer, I can use my StumbleUpon account to promote my work and my blogs. I do this freely, but there is another aspect of performing this task using SU.
You must also promote others. Because I really don’t know much about marketing/promotion, I was not always aware of this. I am now, and have learned to use the ‘stumble’ feature to help my writing business.
I simply stumble other people. I hit the button, and if I enjoy the page it brings up I ‘like’ it. Most of these posts have something to do with what I usually write about, but not all. Anything I find interesting from recipes to news clips will be ‘liked’.
Now, I do not have time to sit around and view other people’s sites and blogs on a daily basis. It would interfere with my writing. However, once every week or two I will spend 20 minutes to a half hour doing this. I submit links to about six of my own articles a week as well.
I have noticed that, since I began ‘liking’ others’ items, my page views have increased.
Are you a writer with a StumbleUpon account? Feel free to post a link below.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017