Have I mentioned that I love taking my work outside? I do. I love being out in the fresh air. Unfortunately, I rent. My neighbors don’t stop to think that I may be too busy to hang out when they notice me out there typing away. So I cannot work outside at home.
I do, however, work at Aroma Joe’s (Nope! They are not paying me to write them into my article. Though it would be nice to have a month supply of mint tea… lol) I stop in there some mornings, order my tea exactly the way I want it (Not so hot I can’t drink it right off), and sit out on their deck to work on a current project. This set up has worked well for me this summer, but we’ll see how it goes when college starts back up again.
The park is another place I like to work, and in small wooded areas where not many people roam on any given day. I like to be outside.
There are benefits to taking your work outside. For instance:
- For me, it presents less stress. Being outside does not feel stuffy. There is a sense of freedom that melts away any stress I might be under.
- Because I am under less stress, I’m getting more done.
- Being more productive helps me to feel better about myself.
- Breathing the fresh air helps to clear my mind.
- Working outside can also ease depression, giving a boost in Serotonin.
- When walking to my outdoor space, the exercise derived is good for my heart and aids in balancing out weight.
- And, socializing along the way never hurts.
How about scheduling at least one morning or afternoon a week for taking your work outside. Bring along a snack or lunch, and enjoy the fresh air while getting things done.
Where do you go to work outside? Do you have a favorite place? Or a place you want to try? Let us know in the comments below, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I always reply.
Shannon L. Buck
- Moving On - January 4, 2018
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017