Each year, with income taxes, I do something that has the potential to help me further my writing. This year I bought a book. Not just any book, but one on self-publishing.
Why? Because I am going to be publishing a series of four short stories, hopefully by the end of this year. And this book will also be helpful when publishing nonfiction books.
The first things I noticed about the book were the articles about book covers, because this is… Click To Tweet The articles were great, providing much-needed tips and information. These were in the Production section of the book, as were articles on freelance designers and editors.
The section on Management has useful articles on record keeping, contracts, and sales tax, as well as ones on pricing, and keeping your manuscript safe. The business part of writing and publishing is as important as the writing itself.
Then it moves on to the subject of Promotion, a vital part of the publishing process, where platform is discussed. Public relations, selling, blogging, social media and other topics are mentioned here.
There are a few Interviews with people who have self-published that share experiences, and a sections with Listings for self-publishing companies, freelance designers, and more. The book also offers listing for other resources.
Overall, the book is a good, informational read, with some action steps and well-put explanations.
I highly recommend the book to anyone on the self-publishing path.
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017