Each year, with income taxes, I do something that has the potential to help me further my writing. This year I bought a book. Not just any book, but one on self-publishing.
Why? Because I am going to be publishing a series of four short stories, hopefully by the end of this year. And this book will also be helpful when publishing nonfiction books.
The first things I noticed about the book were the articles about book covers, because this is where I am in my journey. Click To Tweet The articles were great, providing much-needed tips and information. These were in the Production section of the book, as were articles on freelance designers and editors.
The section on Management has useful articles on record keeping, contracts, and sales tax, as well as ones on pricing, and keeping your manuscript safe. The business part of writing and publishing is as important as the writing itself.
Then it moves on to the subject of Promotion, a vital part of the publishing process, where platform is discussed. Public relations, selling, blogging, social media and other topics are mentioned here.
There are a few Interviews with people who have self-published that share experiences, and a sections with Listings for self-publishing companies, freelance designers, and more. The book also offers listing for other resources.
Overall, the book is a good, informational read, with some action steps and well-put explanations.
I highly recommend the book to anyone on the self-publishing path.
- Moving On - January 4, 2018
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017