Most of us have days when we do not want to work, no matter what type of job we have. It is no different for a freelance writer. Some mornings you just can’t seem to get motivated.
I felt this way yesterday. There was a family crisis and I just couldn’t get it together enough to write. I did finish all of the little business tasks, but writing was too much for me. I simply could not wrap my mind around it… until about 11:30 P.M. Oh, well. It happens.
There are many reasons why you may not feel like writing. These include:
- Death in the family.
- Medical emergency.
- A sunny day where you just want to be out in nature.
- Your daughter comes home from college for a day visit.
Whatever the reason, sometimes we will want a day off. And we should be able to take a day of every so often. Sometimes a few days would be nice. But is this possible when you are trying to build a new career?
Yes, it is.
There are ways in which you can prepare to take days off from your business activities. All freelancers have (or find) there own ways of being ready for some time off from their career. Here are a few things that you can do in advance to be ready for a day off. They will allow you to spend only a few minutes on business tasks before you head off to do what you want.
- Set up a ‘vacation’ message within your email program, if available, explaining that you are taking the time off and will contact each person as soon as you are back to work. Schedule this to send automatically.
- Make it a habit to have blog posts publish on particular days each week. Write and schedule these in advance, within the blog platform that you are using. Stay ahead at least a month.
- You may also want to keep a few articles in draft form within the blog platform. These will be easy to send through in little time, if you want them on hand just in case.
Feel free to share your ideas and tips in the comments of this post.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017