We can always hope. It is what we strive for year after year. What we think about most of the time. We each have our own hopes and desires as far as our freelance careers go.
And we should have these. It’s what keeps us pushing forward, staying on track – hopefully.
But sometimes we find that things are not happening the way we want and, at these times, we need to sit back and consider a few things. Am I really happy with what I’m doing? Do I need to change some things?
Is it time to reinvent the freelance part of me?
It might be, and this does not have to be a bad thing. Even if you stay the course, it might do you and your business good to add something. Or more than one something. Things to ask yourself are:
- What excites me? What do I wish I was doing for my business right now?
- What are my big goals? Where do I want to be in five years? Ten? Twenty?
- Do I feel like a success? If not, what would help me to feel more successful?
- Do I feel like I need to help others succeed? Or maybe I need to feel like I’m helping my community, state, or country in some way? And how can I do this, if even in just a small way, within my business?
- Is there something new I would like to try?
- Am I having fun? If not, how can I bring fun into my business?
- What do my clients/readers/customers want and/or need?
And whatever other questions have been lingering in your mind over the past six months or so. Answer them.
- Sit down with a notebook and a pen, and answer the questions that need answering.
- Create a plan from that information, tailoring it to improve your overall business model.
- Put that plan into action steps.
- Start making things happen.
How can you improve your freelance career? Or how have you already done so? Let us know below, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I always answer.
Shannon L. Buck
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017