Who doesn’t like to write about Christmas? It is a very popular time of year. And there are so many topics to choose from. For instance:
- Why not create a Christmas food guide with pictures, including everything from food gifts, to what to make for santa, the reindeer, and the elves, to the big meal on Christmas day.
- Or how about a homemade gift guide.
- Or even a holiday decorating guide.
- Perhaps a little history writing would be more your style. What religions existed before Christianity, and what did they celebrate at this time of year? How do these celebrations differ from what we do now? What are the similarities?
- Are you into photography. Decorate an outdoor tree with garlands, ornaments, lights and more, then photograph the tree from different angles.
- Do the same with an old fence.
For the fiction writer:
- Put a scary twist on some aspect of Christmas. Santa? The elves? Mrs. Claus? The reindeer? Try to be original.
- Write a romance about two strangers stuck together at a remote bed and breakfast for the holidays. What might they do to enjoy the season even though they cannot be with their families? How do they get through the holidays without their loved ones?
Enjoy the holidays!
Shannon L. Buck
- Moving On - January 4, 2018
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017