It’s necessary to clean up your blog or site every so often, be it at the new year or during your spring or fall cleanup efforts. Blogs and sites get bogged down with previously important information, too many ads in too many places, and numerous links in the sidebar that may not even be active any more.
I’ve been (slowly) taking care of things on my this blog. Cleaning up the sidebars, mainly. But the effect is one of less clutter, which I’m liking. Some of the things I’ve done:
- Added a link to my new Instagram account. Check it out!
- Got rid of the ever growing list of newsletter links that was taking up an incredible amount of space. Now I have a signup for my newsletter, Freelance Ponderings and Advice, as well as one link to the archive site where you can read the previous issues any time you want. I know a lot of people still read those issues.
- Wrote the most recent issue of Freelance Ponderings and Advice. Be sure to sign up for the newsletter to read it.
- Added a My Ebooks heading, which lists my recent books.
- As well as a Sale heading for older books that are on sale at a great price right now. Be sure to take advantage.
- Taken all the separate ads for products and services I use, and want to share with you, and placed them in one page called ‘Resources’.
- Moved some widgets around to where (I hope) they are more pleasing to the eye.
- Clicked on all the social media buttons/links to be sure they are still working.
I’ve also done other things for the blog, and my online presence in general, such as:
- Adding a plugin that will check for broken links on the blog.
- Updated my resume and my portfolio.
- Updated Authorsden.
- And updated my about.me.
- Looked for a great worksheet creator. Need something for center justification. Still looking. Any ideas?
- Deleted plugins I don’t really use.
Pretty busy lady. I know. There is so much to do, so little time. But I’m getting there. How about you?
Have you been cleaning up your blog or site? Or, are you ready to start?
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017