Hello. My name is Shannon Buck. I am a freelance writer, and I spend far too much time on the computer.
Is this the case with you? Why?
I spend so much of my time using the computer because that is how my business is set up. It is a business that is based online or, at least, on the computer. Some of the writing can be done off line, but most of what I do requires an internet connection.
I can sit here and tell you that, if I had an updated computer, I wouldn’t work on the computer so much, but that would be a lie. I would simply work on more projects. Ones that I do not have time for right now due to the age and slowness of my current computer, as well as the lack of wireless. I simply must do most of my work using the computer. And I like it this way.
I do, however, take almost daily time away from the computer, from spring to fall, to work at the park. This is my favorite place to work, and doing so enables me to work on business tasks that I would not ordinarily get to.
So, how much time do I spend on the computer each day with business related tasks? Anywhere from 8 to 14 hours. This includes weekends, though I do take a day or afternoon off here and there.
Shannon L. Buck
- To Propose or Not to Propose? Tips for Handling the RFP Process (freelanceswitch.com)
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017