I used to do this much more than I do now. And, when I do, I try to keep it healthy. But I used to eat chips, cookies, whatever was convenient. It was really just mindless snacking, usually because the food was close by. I wasn’t even always hungry.
Being healthy is important. And there are great ways to be that way while running a freelance career.
Keep in mind that mindless eating packs on pounds and, depending on what is consumed, can elevate sugar levels. Use these tips to keep munching under control and (mostly) healthy. (Everyone deserves a treat once in a while!)
- Have a snack drawer in your desk? Keep what is available healthy.
- Consider pairing a protein source and a fruit or vegetable with a little healthy fat for the ultimate, most filling snacks.
- Keep a mini fridge in your work area to hold homemade iced teas, lemonades, and fruit waters. Plain water is important as well. It is important to always stay hydrated.
- It will also hold perishable snacks, as well as that days lunch. Try sweet potato wedges wrapped in bacon and baked. They keep well, and one or two will do for a snack.
- Vegetables with a couple chunks of leftover turkey, chicken, or beef, makes a good snack.
- Healthy meals are the same as snacks, only larger portions. If you are eating enough at the meals, you will not need to snack often.
- A spoonful or two of coconut butter will also stave off hunger. My favorite is Cocoa Bliss.
- Remember to keep all foods out of site, until you really are hungry. That way, you wont be eating just because the food is there.
Remember, your health is important. Your doctor and nutritionist can help you to decide what healthy meals and snacks are right for you. The examples above are what I eat.
How about you? Lets us know in the comments, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017