A freelance career takes a good five years to build. I say that I am on year three because of my actual start date, but it is really more like the end of year one due to medical issues and a needed surgery and recovery time.
During my writing times, I have had quite a few months where I earned my entire income from writing. This is not an easy career, however, and sometimes I do not.
At this point, I am working a ‘day job’ as well as writing. My main income is under $9.00 an hour. I like many of the people I work with. And though I do not personally like to clean, the job is not a bad one.
With this job, winter will be slower than the other seasons, providing me with the opportunity to write ahead and research topics of interest that I would like to write about. I will be able to write the eBooks, eCourses, etc… and work hard to build the freelance writing career that I want so much.
I do earn some of my income from the freelance writing career, but I also want the opportunity to write more fiction. This can also be done during the winter months. I have one book going through the editing process, and am working on a second. An income will (with any luck) come from this venture as well.
All-in-all, I fully like to work. No matter what it is that I am doing. Writing. Cleaning. Childcare. It doesn’t matter. I simply work hard and learn daily. Working during the day and writing at night is fine with me. Multiple streams of income are a good thing 😀
- What is the Freelance Life? (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Freelancers Working for No Pay (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- eBook: Greening Your Freelance Business (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Balancing Act: The Plan (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017