Where do you keep your files? I have two systems:
Manilla folders in file cabinets for things that do not make it online, such as plans for blog design, widgets and blogging ideas.
Files in my Documents on the computer, where I type up what will be posted to the blogs or other writing platforms.
The computer files hold information that is easy copied and pasted into my the online blogs and writing programs when I have the time. This means that I can write even when I do not have an internet connection, such as when I am at camp, and that I can keep information saved in the files for future use, such as when I create eBooks from old blog posts. Having these available when needed allows me to save time on a number of projects.
For a blog, I will save items such as:
Ebooks of previous entry compilations.
Ads for products.
Copies of newsletters that I create.
And the list goes on. I like to have these items on hand.
I also keep my manuscripts in files on the laptop, along with all notes and character descriptions. These are always accessible.
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017