I love my career. Though still in the beginning stages, it is the best career ever. I love to write, and I get to do so every day. Even with this love of my career, I sometimes feel overwhelmed or stressed. Particularly when things don’t go my way.
Perhaps I am not paid when expected, or a deadline is coming up and I fear not being finished with the project at hand. Maybe the computer is not cooperating. Whatever the cause, I am sometimes under stress.
At these timess, I stop what I am doing and walk. Walking helps to clear my mind. It helps me to consider new aspects of my career, ways of fixing problems. It also quickly allows my stress levels to decrease. Necessary for those of us prone to anxiety attacks.
At times, I must walk 4 or more miles to calm down. At other times, it may take a quick walk to the post office and back. Deep breaths begin the walk, and I focus for the first few minutes on nature. On what is happening within nature, the beauty around me. Once this happens, I calm enough to be able to rethink any situation. This tactic is wonderful for mental health boosts.
How do you calm yourself when you are stressed out over your career path?
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017