In general, a career may bring a lot of stress into your life. When you are working for yourself, it is likely that there will be even more stress. At least some of the time. Scheduled, or non scheduled, days of relaxation will help with this issue.
How does relaxation help?
- Lowers stress levels.
- Gives your brain a chance to rest, allowing for more creative and business ideas to be generated when you start back at work the next time.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Allows you to enjoy other aspects of life.
- Muscle tension is decreased.
- Provides you with more energy.
- Helps you to get through work days easier.
There are, of course, other ways in which relaxation helps, but you get the picture. Relaxation is important for your health and your career, not to mention your personal life.
How can I relax?
- Veg in front of the television.(I sometimes do this for an entire day. About once a month.)
- Take a walk.
- Take a bubble bath.
What relaxation methods work for you?
Everyone needs down time every so often. Taking opportunities to relax will aid you in creating a more successful freelance career, and will keep you from burning out.
Shannon L. Buck
- Freelance Health: Walking and Mental Health (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Worry; Be Happy (heartsmindslives.wordpress.com)
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or stand? Or both? - April 30, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - April 28, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - April 14, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017