In general, a career may bring a lot of stress into your life. When you are working for yourself, it is likely that there will be even more stress. At least some of the time. Scheduled, or non scheduled, days of relaxation will help with this issue.
How does relaxation help?
- Lowers stress levels.
- Gives your brain a chance to rest, allowing for more creative and business ideas to be generated when you start back at work the next time.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Allows you to enjoy other aspects of life.
- Muscle tension is decreased.
- Provides you with more energy.
- Helps you to get through work days easier.
There are, of course, other ways in which relaxation helps, but you get the picture. Relaxation is important for your health and your career, not to mention your personal life.
How can I relax?
- Veg in front of the television.(I sometimes do this for an entire day. About once a month.)
- Take a walk.
- Take a bubble bath.
What relaxation methods work for you?
Everyone needs down time every so often. Taking opportunities to relax will aid you in creating a more successful freelance career, and will keep you from burning out.
Shannon L. Buck
- Freelance Health: Walking and Mental Health (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Worry; Be Happy (heartsmindslives.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017