With all this writing for other people, some of you might want to write a little (or big!) something for yourselves. Why not work on writing your dream article. Click To Tweet You know, the one about world peace, hunger in America, homelessness, how the government and society are failing welfare recipients by not fully preparing them to succeed in life, or whatever you might find important. What you feel strongly about, be it controversial or not. This is about your dream piece. Choose accordingly.
Don’t worry about whether it is marketable. This project is not about making sure you can publish what you write, it is about having the freedom to write on whatever topic you feel is important or interesting.
Be sure to research well, and craft the best piece you can. Edit it. Make it presentable. Maybe even take a photograph having to do with the topic to keep with the article.
Once you have done all this, you are done and can feel good about accomplishing such an important task.
IF you want, try to find a market for the article as is, or with minimal editing. feel free to submit it but remember that the whole point in this project was to write what you want, not what others think is important or right. So please do not sacrifice a great article for a person or magazine who wants you to go against what you have worked so hard for.
If you want, share your experiences with this project here. Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to read your articles for this project. I always respond to emails.
Shannon L. Buck
- Moving On - January 4, 2018
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017