With all this writing for other people, some of you might want to write a little (or big!)… Click To Tweet You know, the one about world peace, hunger in America, homelessness, how the government and society are failing welfare recipients by not fully preparing them to succeed in life, or whatever you might find important. What you feel strongly about, be it controversial or not. This is about your dream piece. Choose accordingly.
Don’t worry about whether it is marketable. This project is not about making sure you can publish what you write, it is about having the freedom to write on whatever topic you feel is important or interesting.
Be sure to research well, and craft the best piece you can. Edit it. Make it presentable. Maybe even take a photograph having to do with the topic to keep with the article.
Once you have done all this, you are done and can feel good about accomplishing such an important task.
IF you want, try to find a market for the article as is, or with minimal editing. feel free to submit it but remember that the whole point in this project was to write what you want, not what others think is important or right. So please do not sacrifice a great article for a person or magazine who wants you to go against what you have worked so hard for.
If you want, share your experiences with this project here. Or email me at email@example.com. I would love to read your articles for this project. I always respond to emails.
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017