Some of you may not know I write fiction as well as nonfiction. If you look at the sidebar, you’ll see a list of stories I have published online. Even though I love adding to this blog and writing other articles and blog posts, I also enjoy writing stories.
Sometimes I enjoy writing thrillers, at times with a paranormal slant. Though other genres find their way into my writing as well.
Recently I published Rascal, and decided to experiment with things a little. I’m using KDP Select on Amazon, as well as my fiction blog, to tell the story of a family on a mountain. Told from a child’s perspective, the dark tales of the mountain are not really for young children.
If you’d like to follow along, the story starts with a diary entry from the main character, Jessica. This entry is called The Bear.
Then the first short story should be read. It is the first in a four-part series, and the other three will be published shortly. This story is called Rascal, and is the story that really gets us to begin thinking about things that might haunt the night. It also teaches Jessica and her cousins that the adults in their lives do bad things sometimes.
The third thing you’ll want to read is another diary entry from Jessica. In I Told, she tries to warn her little sister and brother about something important but scary.
Soon the second part of this short story series will be published. I hope you enjoy these until then.
What are you doing besides your typical freelance work? I think we all have passions. Things we want to do more than anything, and I am trying to meld my things with the freelance life. How about you? Let us know how things are working out for you, and how you are bringing things together, in the comments, or email me at email@example.com. I reply to all emails.
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017