Do freelance writers need a business card?
They do if they want to get the word out about their writing business. Even if you work solely online, a card will come in handy. It will point people to you when they need your services or when they have questions, and is a great way to market your business. Include information such as:
- Your name.
- Your business name, if you have one.
- Your phone number, if you want people to be able to call you.
- Your web site and/or blog URL.
- Your home or work address, if you want people to be able to stop by.
- The nature of the services you provide.
How do you get business cards?
You can make them yourself, using a printer and word processor. Or, you may opt to purchase them through a local printer. VistaPrint.com is another option, with affordable cards for any type of business.
How do you go about handing out your cards?
There are many, many ways for you to get these into the hands of people who may need your services. A few suggestions are:
- Hang a few on local bulletin boards. Whenever they get down to one, add more.
- Leave them with tips when eating out.
- Leave them at places of business. They will often set them on their counter for people to take.
- Place them in with bills and other outgoing mail envelopes.
- Leave some in waiting rooms at different locations.
- Give a bunch to friends and family to hand out for you.
- Hand everyone you meet a card or two.
Be sure to keep the receipts for the cards, or the materials you buy to make them. You will need these at tax time.
Let us know where you leave your cards.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017