Article directories only pay a revenue share, in most cases, but they provide you with a way to market your business for free. The monetary rewards may become lucrative over time, but don’t expect much right off. Fill out the application (if there is one), put up your profile and start writing.
Pay particular attention to the bio that you add to each venue, being sure that they link back to your site or blog, if possible. If you are not allowed to do this, be sure the information is on your profile page. Add any contact information as well.
Try to keep your articles geared toward your business type, at about 500 to 1,000 words. A Web designer will write about designing web sites, a blogger will write about blogging. A freelance writer may write on a variety of topics to show her versatility.
When writing for sites and blogs, ask for a bio with contact information and the right to provide a link to your site. Some site and blog owners will allow a photograph with each article as well.
What options do you have for article marketing outlets?
- Approach web site and blog owners to inquire about writing a free article or two for them.
- Approach these owners about writing a free column for them to be published once a week or month, as a special feature. Be sure that you will be able to keep up with the schedule. (I, for one, would be open to this. Given the right topic, such as tax information geared toward the freelancer. Hint, hint.)
- Y! Contributor Network
- Constant Content
- Look for other directories as well.
Do you know of any other ways to market your business using articles. Please share with us in the comments.
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017