Telling people is a great way to market your talents. It is okay to do this. Expected, even. Tell everyone you know about your freelance business. Explain to them the services that you offer. As a bonus to your business efforts, ask those who you speak with to pass the information along to people they know, and to ask those people to do the same.
There are a variety of ways in which you can tell people about your business. Here are a few.
- Talk to family and friends.
- Introduce yourself to new people by telling them your name and what you do, while handing them a business card.
- Send an email to those on your email list.
- Let people in your on line (and off line) social networks know about what you are doing.
Remember not to spam people with information all of the time, but go ahead and start to get the word out about you. Share your ideas for getting the word out about you and your business.
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017