Telling people is a great way to market your talents. It is okay to do this. Expected, even. Tell everyone you know about your freelance business. Explain to them the services that you offer. As a bonus to your business efforts, ask those who you speak with to pass the information along to people they know, and to ask those people to do the same.
There are a variety of ways in which you can tell people about your business. Here are a few.
- Talk to family and friends.
- Introduce yourself to new people by telling them your name and what you do, while handing them a business card.
- Send an email to those on your email list.
- Let people in your on line (and off line) social networks know about what you are doing.
Remember not to spam people with information all of the time, but go ahead and start to get the word out about you. Share your ideas for getting the word out about you and your business.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017