Are you thinking about ways to expand on your business this year? Or maybe you want your family to be involved in your business efforts? Consider getting your business a gift this year. After all, who knows what your business really needs better than you.
I’ve given my business a number of things over the years, including a tablet and eBooks related to writing. One year I ordered a copy of The Well-Fed Writer by Peter Bowerman, I love gifting my business each year, and doing so helps to keep me motivated in the new year.
- Have you been wanting to create a website you can move your free WordPress or another blog to? I like using HostGator for this purpose. The transfer is easy, and the price is reasonable.
- Are you going to bet setting up and office this year? Looking to do so in a green way. Read Green Your Freelance Business by yours truly, and feel good about your space.
- Pick up decorative notebooks or journals for note-taking and project planning. And don’t forget pretty pens!
- Check out the offerings over at Freelance Writers Den, and look at their boot camp options.
- Pick up a new laptop if you need to upgrade.
- Are you planning to organize your office space in the new year? Read Organize Your Space and Stuff. I wrote it for this site, to help the freelancer, and it will be a huge help!
- If you’re trying to figure out how to expand on an existing business, or what type of business is right for you, read Careers for Freelancers.
- And if you want ideas on how to get your family involved in helping you to be successful, read Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business – While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future.
There are plenty of things you can do to help your business along in the new year, and it is exciting to do nice things to aid you in building success.
(NOTE: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links for products and services I use or have used in the past. The money earned helps me to keep this blog running. Those funds are put to good use here. Thank you!)
Love, Peace & Joy,
Shannon L. Buck
- 20 Yule Writing Prompts (livethefreelancelife.com)
- It’s That Crazy,Busy Time of Year (livethefreelancelife.com)
- 20 New Year Writing Prompts (livethefreelancelife.com)
- Wrapping up This Year & Planning for Next Year | Live the Freelance Life (livethefreelancelife.com)
- Feeling Overwhelmed Financially at the Holidays? And a Challenge | Live the Freelance Life (livethefreelancelife.com)
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017