The point is to set up a retreat where you can first relax, and then get the creative juices… Click To Tweet I was filling out my notebook, reading on Leonie Dawson’s blog, when I came across this idea. So I colorfully planned out my dream retreat.
What was the first thing I decided to write on my retreat page? Delicious, bad for you food! That is right. My plan is to not have to cook much, or do any type of real food prep. I want some stuff I have been missing while trying to eat healthy. Some foods that I find comforting, even satisfying. Though I will have healthy snacks available, because I really do like them as well.
My retreat will be just for me. I don’t really want people stopping by or expecting things from me, because my goal is to relax and then brainstorm. I will not be able to do that with many distractions.
Here are some of the things I want to accomplish during my retreat:
- I want to wake up slowly, without an alarm. Every. Single. Morning. 🙂 Let my mind wander, and maybe watch a show before getting up and starting my day.
- I want to go for walks, taking pictures of anything I find interesting. I love being out in nature.
- Listening to music is always nice, so I plan to spend a morning doing just that.
- I plan to have a 3 or 4 day retreat, and want to do some stretching each day. But I also want to get in a couple of good workouts during that time.
- And I want to pamper myself a bit. As part of my relaxation mode.
- One of the things I want to consider during my retreat is what nice things I can do for others. It isn’t all about me. I don’t plan to do anything on those days, but I will make a list to start after.
- I do want to get some evening reading in.
- I don’t want to be online a lot during this retreat, I want to brainstorm and take notes on what I can do for my writing career.
- And I want to watch inspirational movies such as Gone with the Wind, Baby Boom, and Little Women. They always get my mind going on how to succeed in life.
I can’t wait for my first retreat, and would like to have one 3 or 4 times each year if possible. It will be a sort of mental health retreat.
What would your dream personal and creativity retreat be like? Share in the comments, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I respond to all emails.
(Affiliate link for Leonie Dawson’s Biz & Life Academy.)
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017