You may have noticed that I have been concentrating some on health topics, both physical and mental, here on the blog. I have written about the benefits of both Yoga and Meditation, and would now like to touch upon healthy eating habits for the freelancer.
Eating healthy is just as important as physical and mental exercise. These tips are helpful when desiring a healthy lifestyle:
- Eat a balanced breakfast. Try 100% whole wheat or multi grain toast with organic peanut butter, and a bowl of fresh berries topped with yogurt. This will give you enough energy to get through most of the morning when working on business tasks.
- Keep cold water in the refrigerator for drinking, and grab one at each of your breaks from writing.
- Eat at least four servings of vegetables and 3 servings of fruit a day.
- Keep healthy snacks on hand so you can grab them quickly. Fresh fruit, a healthy homemade trail mix and a granola bar are all options.
- Dinner can be started in the morning or at lunch without a problem. A slow cooker meal of keilbasa, pineapple and corn can be placed in a slow cooker with water and heated on low all day. At lunch, put a roast in the oven with some root vegetables to be ready for serving at dinner time.
- Do not over eat. Find out exactly what serving sizes you should eat. This is also a good way to save money.
- Drink a glass of water before eating. This will help you to feel full quicker.
Soup or salad with a sandwich makes a great lunch and is easy to prepare.
Eating healthy foods helps to keep your energy up so that you will be able to finish projects and meet deadlines. Doing so will also help to keep your body fit.
Shannon L. Buck
P.S. Follow my Fitness Blog: The Fitness Journal
- 10 + 1 Healthy Snacks for Weightloss (thefitnessjournal.wordpress.com)
- Guest Article: Kids Home for Lunch! (frugalrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Eating, Fitness and other Progress (thefitnessjournal.wordpress.com)
- Eat Nuts Daily (thefitnessjournal.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017