With the holidays over, many of us are feeling a bit sluggish. We over-ate, and are not necessarily happy with ourselves about.
Simple snacks, rather than sugar and grain-ridden cakes, cookies and brownies, are the way to go.
Consuming healthy/healthier snacks will give us more energy, preparing us for our busy freelance schedules.
Am I saying no sugar is every allowed? No way! I, for one, usually put at least a few special dark chocolate chips or chocolate covered raisins. But I do limit sugar into A LOT.
Trail mixes are very tasty, and easy to make in bulk. Get out a big bowl, throw a bunch of stuff into it, mix everything up well, and put about 1/4 – 1/3 cup into individual containers or snack size baggies.
Why not just leave it all in the bowl? Well, to put it simply, it is likely you will overeat. By a lot. Keep the portions small, and use healthy ingredients. A great trail mix to try is Banana Chip Trail Mix.
I hope you enjoy this easy-to-prepare snack!
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017