I don’t know about you, but I’m not feeling the greatest after the holidays. I need to get back to my healthy eating strategy, so I’ve been working on that this week.
Each day I’ve been making a smoothie to boost my nutrition intake. This is the simple starter recipe I’m using:
- almond milk
- 1 small banana
- a handful of spinach
- 1 egg
- Put ingredients in a blender.
- Cover and blend everything well, adding ice if desired.
To this, I might add some other goodies, such as a few slices of cucumber or carrot, frozen berries, or a peach and Romaine lettuce.
It’s all about keeping it clean and healthy.
Looking for other smoothie recipes?
- Banana-Blueberry Smoothie (If you eat dairy.)
- Pineapple-Spinach Smoothie
- This and That Smoothie (Use what you have on hand.)
Smoothies are quick and easy to make. When the blender has been emptied, put a squirt of dish detergent in it with some water, cover and give it a whirl, and then wash the container and the cover. Easy-peasy.
Join me in getting back on track nutrition-wise.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017