Some of my requirements might seem strange to you, but reflect who I am and the type of person I would be most comfortable with. Ask yourself what you would want, in case you get the chance to hire someone. Here are some of the things I came up with:
- Happy mood (I try to stay in a good mood all the time.)
- Keeps lovely notes (I have horrible handwriting, and I need them to make notes about all we discuss. You know, in case I forget and misplace my own notes.)
- Is organized (Because, while I do try, I am not the best at this.)
- Somewhat of a serious side (For when we have to get things done!)
- Can work with me in all my areas of business (I so many things, from writing about, to being a foodie, to writing about the frugal lifestyle, etc.)
- Likes to work outside (I don’t mind working inside, but I also like to be outside. Sometimes we may need to walk, other time we may picnic, all while working. Maybe some type of recording device will be needed.)
- Supportive (I, of course, would also be supportive of the person and his/her endeavours.)
- Great sense of humor (Will need one to work with me.)
- Social media genius (I want to spend more time on creating.)
- Great typer. (I like to have things typed up and placed in binders.)
And other things I find important, including must love rock ‘n roll! and brainstorming project ideas with me. I know, I am a slave driver.
When I am finally able to do this, I intend to start small. A couple afternoons a week of working together. I feel it is important to get to know a person before you invite them in full time. That is just a me thing, I am sure. I like to get used to a person a little at a time.
So, the important thing is to sit down and decide what kind of a person you want to work with, what responsibilities she/he will be required to handle, and how much of their time you need. A pay rate should also be figured out at this time.
Feel free to discuss how you found or are planning to find your perfect assistant, their responsibilities, etc., in the comments, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017