I know you have one. An idea for a book that would be a great compliment to your blog. One to offer as your first freebie to get people to sign up for your mailing list. One to sell on your website. Or one that you would like to have traditionally published and sold in stores.
Perhaps you’ve taken some notes, constructed an outline, or even written an introduction. Maybe you’ve written a first chapter, and it has been waiting for your return for two years.
Whatever the book is you have inside, it’s waiting to come out.
It’s going to be a good book. One that will help beginning photographers start their own business, or one that will show freelance writers how to write the best queries ever. But you need to get on the ball and get it written.
I know. I have a few fiction books, as well as a nonfiction one, I have been waiting to start. A few fiction ones I’ve started and that are waiting to be finished, and a nonfiction set of eGuides I’m working on. I also have manuscripts that are waiting for edits. I keep telling myself I need to do more to get these things done, but it is a struggle.
What’s keeping me from starting, and finishing my book?
Oh, time, for sure. But also drive. I think I’ve mentioned that I feel like I have adult ADD. I don’t know this for a fact, but I do have a hard time staying on track. I’m doing better this year though, and hoping to get a few projects completed.
I’m almost done with a series of novelettes. I’ve only published short fiction so far, so I am darn proud of myself for having the motivation and frame of mind to keep up with this project. I’m also editing some short stories this year, and working on that first eGuide.
(Note: I published quite a few last year! So I was able to stay on track for the most part. I’m pretty proud of that! Take a look at all I did here.)
What book is inside you? What book is waiting to come out?
Shannon L. Buck
- Moving On - January 4, 2018
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017