We all have at least one, right? A secret. We don’t share it with anyone. Or maybe we share the secret with a select few.
I am going to share a secret with you.
I sometimes have no motivation write. No motivation to do so at all.
For various reasons. Sometimes I am just so overworked due to extra shifts at the inn that I am too tired to even think about writing. Other times, I am just plain stressed out and don’t want to add anything else to my plate.
And sometimes while I am happy as a clam to sit down and write a short story, I have no desire to do anything by way of non-fiction.
What do I do?
Whatever I want. If laying in bed for a day watching movies is all I feel like doing, that is what I do. If going for a walk and spending hours photographing nature is my true desire for the day, I do that. If sitting down and writing a new short story is more appealing… you get the picture.
Because we all need a break sometimes. A mental break from all the work.
Shannon L. Buck
- Moving On - January 4, 2018
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017