We all have at least one, right? A secret. We don’t share it with anyone. Or maybe we share the secret with a select few.
I am going to share a secret with you.
I sometimes have no motivation write. No motivation to do so at all.
For various reasons. Sometimes I am just so overworked due to extra shifts at the inn that I am too tired to even think about writing. Other times, I am just plain stressed out and don’t want to add anything else to my plate.
And sometimes while I am happy as a clam to sit down and write a short story, I have no desire to do anything by way of non-fiction.
What do I do?
Whatever I want. If laying in bed for a day watching movies is all I feel like doing, that is what I do. If going for a walk and spending hours photographing nature is my true desire for the day, I do that. If sitting down and writing a new short story is more appealing… you get the picture.
Because we all need a break sometimes. A mental break from all the work.
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017