I know there are many other aspects to the writing life that we need to concentrate on, such as:
- Social Media
But we aren’t going to get far in our careers if we do not spend an ample amount of time writing.
Let’s work on getting more writing time into our schedules this year. Look for ways to add more time for this to your schedule.
- Write for at least an hour before checking your email or social media outlets each morning.
- Better yet, schedule 2 or 3 hour blocks of time twice a day. Use this time strictly for writing.
- Write while waiting for appointments.
- Write while watching television, during commercials.
- Use the half hour before bed to write ideas in a journal, to keep track of all the things you want to write about. This will provide easy access to ideas when you have down time or need to start a new article. This will save time wondering what you will write next.
How do you make time to write? Let us know in the comments, or email me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017