I know there are many other aspects to the writing life that we need to concentrate on, such as:
- Social Media
But we aren’t going to get far in our careers if we do not spend an ample amount of time writing.
Let’s work on getting more writing time into our schedules this year. Look for ways to add more time for this to your schedule.
- Write for at least an hour before checking your email or social media outlets each morning.
- Better yet, schedule 2 or 3 hour blocks of time twice a day. Use this time strictly for writing.
- Write while waiting for appointments.
- Write while watching television, during commercials.
- Use the half hour before bed to write ideas in a journal, to keep track of all the things you want to write about. This will provide easy access to ideas when you have down time or need to start a new article. This will save time wondering what you will write next.
How do you make time to write? Let us know in the comments, or email me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017