Last December I moved to a new area. One where I could be closer to my daughter who is in college. Because she graduates in a couple years, I decided to just rent a room. I share a bathroom with others, bit I do have a small refrigerator, microwave, a couple of hotplates and a crock pot in my room. I also have a kitchen table and chairs.
This table is where I usually work. I do not really eat at it, unless I have company, so I can keep the necessary items for my freelance business out on the table, including my laptop. The table sits right in front of a huge window, making it easy for me to look outside when I like.
I sit at one end, with my laptop in front of me, and my project notebook, a general to-do list, and a pen next to me. The other end of the table holds a neat pile of my other project notebooks, with a notepad for notes placed on top so I can quickly jot down ideas.
The only things I don’t have are a phone line and wireless internet… For internet use, I have to go elsewhere. I am looking into options, though.
Where do you like to work when at home?
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017