I love to be crafty, to create, especially when there is scrappin’ involved! Leonie Dawson, in her Life + Biz Edition Workbook: 2015 Create Your Shining Year, prompted me to make a Mini Portable Biz Dreamboard. Being who I am, I had to go bigger. A sheet of poster board was my palate, and I created a masterpiece! (Okay, maybe not a masterpiece, but the finished product wasn’t all that bad.)
I started with the poster board and some scrapbook supplies, wishing all along I had the rest from storage. But I made do with what I had. I (somewhat) organized what I had to work with in the middle of the floor, so I could pick and choose as I wanted.
Placing things here and there without gluing, I could see where I wanted the pieces set.
I began gluing the pieces on the board. First the years…
… then I decorated the corners and other areas with positive words that I want to manifest in the coming year. Giggle. Simplify. Laugh. Summer fun. Live. Relax. Have fun. Love. Sunshine. Words that bring a smile to my face.
This board is not just about business. It is about life.
My daughters, being the most important things in my life, have a special place on my board. No matter what else I am doing this year, business or personal, my biggest goal is to visit with each of them at least once. They do not live close to me. I will visit Skye in November, and Zowie, Devan, and baby Dax during the summer months.
- blog posts
- find/create book covers
- freelance manuscript
When I was done creating my dreamboard, I hung it on the wall and stood back to admire it. Not bad for an hours work 🙂
Feel free to comment in the comments below, or email me at email@example.com. I always reply to emails.
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017