Because I have today off from work at the inn, and because I am extremely excited over this year’s NaNoWriMo event, I am having a NaNo Prep Day.
I know there is a tweetchat today, but I will not be joining in on that. Why? Because I have more pressing things to attend to during my prep day. But, if you would like to join, it is at 5:00 PM PDT.
What is my NaNa Prep Day going to consist of?
- I started out by making lists. It is what I do. I work better with lists, because I am able to cross items off as I complete tasks. This aids me in keeping track of what I have done throughout the day, and leaves me with a good feeling at the end of the day when I see how much I have accomplished. It feels good to throw out completed to-do lists, even if it isn’t exactly environmentally friendly.
- Then I went through my email, unsubscribing from anything unimportant. Email is a big time waster for me. It is very distracting. Best to minimalize it before I start.
- Rereading last years blog posts here on HTLTFL.
- Working on the outline for my book. I am thinking 3 stories, split into three parts each. Plus an introductory beginning that ties the three stories together.
- Character sketches.
- Posts for this blog, that will lead us up to NaNoWriMo. These will be scheduled to post on specific dates, so I can remember when to update each with the latest information before posting.
- A list of blog post ideas not regarding NaNoWrimo, for this blog and others, to schedule to post throughout this month and November.
- A list articles to write for my channels, to schedule to post throughout the rest of October and November.
- Setting up this year’s folder here on the laptop. This is where my manuscript will be kept, as well as a few other related items.
- Starting to assemble my NaNoWriMo Survival Kit.
- Filling out my profile and other information (including book summary) on the NaNoWriMo site.
- Creating a physical folder to hold outlines, character sketches, and research that I need to look at every day as I am writing.
- Creating a bulletin board to hang on my wall, that will hold pieces of information that I will only need once throughout the book. Once each item has been added to the book, it can be taken off the board and thrown away.
So, those are my plans for the day.
How are you preparing for this year’s event?
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017