Not much time left to prepare for NaNoWriMo! In the past I have done Prep-Days:
This year, however, I have not yet been able to find a single day to do all the prepping.
Therefore, I have been plugging away as I can. Here is what I have been up to:
- I did some shopping to pick up a few supplies.
- I put together my NaNoWriMo Survival Kit.
- I have written my letter to friends and family (on FaceBook) to remind them that I will be busy in November, and why.
- Plus, I unfriended a few people who I do not communicate, unfollowed some others who I do not need to read the status of, and hid still others from my newsfeed. The less distractions the better.
- Emails are being considered strongly. If I don’t have time to read certain things normally, I am unsubscribing. I certainly wont have time for them next month.
- I read through all my blog posts about NaNoWriMo from previous years, looking for what worked and what did not. This way, I know what to cut, and what to expect.
- My portfolio for physical notes, outlines, and character sketches has been set up.
- I updated my NaNoWriMo book information on their site.
- I have gotten ahead on some blog posts, and am working on articles, that will be scheduled to post during November, while I am busy writing 50,000 words for this challenge.
- I have rearranged my room to make space for all the holiday decorating. Autumn decorating is complete, and I am going to get my Yule decorations out of storage tomorrow so they are ready to go on Thanksgiving. I will be taking that day off from writing for the challenge.
- I will also be grabbing my books on Pagan topics from storage, as I will need them for reference while writing the manuscript.
- I m working on my character sketches, outline, and getting some simple notes written.
- My plans re set for visiting my daughter. I will bring my laptop to work on the manuscript during the bus ride there, and when she is working.
- I have permission to work on my manuscript at work during down time, and I will bring my laptop to work with me on Mondays and Tuesdays, so I can write while waiting for my rides to get out of work. One concentrated hour each of those days.
- I m working on coming up with my mini workout routines, to keep moving while spending long days working. Frequent mini workouts throughout the day. Also, I will still be walking at least a few days a week.
- I have set up folder in my word processing software. A folder with all the documents I need and my manuscript.
All I have to do is finish the items I m still working on, and set up my work space.
How are your preparations coming along?
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017