Am I doing the challenge this year? I think so 🙂
November is a hectic month, what with the visit up north to visit my daughter Skye, and work picking up at the inn. But I am planning to do the challenge again this year. I think the story I am going to work on is a part of what I am calling the Witch Town series, but I could change my mind before this month is over. It depends on what ideas I can come up with for the book.
I completed this challenge, while my young nephew worked on his own story, for the first time way back in 2008, then I did not attempt it again until 2012. Life just sort of got in the way. I completed the challenge that year as well, and went on to complete it again last year.
This will be my fourth year doing the challenge.
I have the t-shirt for my first year, and am planning to buy the t-shirts for the other years as well. I try to get them a little bigger than what I need, so they are comfortable for me to bum around in while writing all month.
October brings about much planning for the big event. Last year, I felt a little stuck using all the notes and stuff that I had made during the month before the challenge. I did not feel able to do my own thing, because I was trying to go in the order of the notes I had made. They weren’t even the most detailed notes, but it did not work for me.
I even tried scrivner last year, which also does not work for me. I do, however, hear that many people like that program. I wont be attempting to use it again myself, but I like to hear about others experiences.
This year, I am thinking about just using a general outline, along with my character sheets, and a few other visuals – such as a town map. Hopefully these will guide me, but not make me feel constrained. I want an organized start for the month, but know I should give plenty of leeway for the least amount of stress and the most creativity.
How are you planning for NanoWriMo? Share in the comments below, or email me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017