The home stretch.
A relief? Not so much, yet. No for me. I am behind, mainly because I missed a couple of extra days of writing during my vacation from, and the fact that I did not write on Thanksgiving. I am okay with this, however. I needed the break. I needed a little time to simply relax.
Today is Tuesday, and Friday is the last day of the challenge. Where am I with my 50,000 word goal? I am at 33,259 according to my OpenOffice software, 32,621 according to the word counter on the NaNoWriMo site.
Now, I know my OpenOffice is pretty much right on as far as word count goes, because I have been using it for a few years now on projects that need word counts matching what publishers want. I know nothing of whatever program NaNo uses.
So what does this mean for me? It means I have to write an extra 638 words (50,638 total) to meet my challenge goals for NaNo. 🙁
Am I going to bother? Most likely, yes. If I can get to the 50,000 mark, and if there is enough time, I will.
Just to be sure, I checked the NaNoWriMo site and tried taking the steps to fix the word count incompatibility between OpenOffice and NaNo, but it did not work.
So, I am wondering how everyone else is doing with the challenge. I will be checking the facebook groups later.
- NaNoWriMo Update (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017